BREAKTHROUGH GAMING BLOG
The official blog of Breakthrough Gaming
Read news, updates, and get a behind-the-scenes look at Breakthrough Gaming!


Sunday, October 28, 2012

Stuff comes and stuff goes

Stuff comes and stuff goes.
Because of this, we always need to rely on God.
Let me explain.

I had a stuffed animal my dad gave me. I took it everywhere! One day, when I was looking at the sunset, my parents called me into the house for dinner. I couldn't wait to eat dinner, so I ran into the house. But I didn't realize that I accidentally left my stuffed animal in the yard!

When I was about to go to sleep, I realized I didn't have it. So I ran outside to look for it, but it wasn't there.

I never found out where it went. Even to this day.

I was really sad when I went into the house. I ran crying to my parents, and told them what happened, so they went to help me look for it. We never found it.

But on that day, my dad told me something that always stayed in the back of my mind: "You'll loose things, but God will never be lost! God gives us things, and we can enjoy them. But when the time comes, and the stuff is gone, remember God will always be there. Thank Him for the time with the stuff, and then move on, knowing that God is with you!" (My dad based this from Ecclesiastes Chapter 5 Verse 19)

I got the main part: God is with me no matter what.

But it took a while to grasp the second part. My dad said WHEN I loose things. Does that mean anything I get, I will loose?

The more I thought about it, the more it became clear to me that dad was right. Every possession we get will someday be lost. Someone else might get it, it might be given away, or we might loose it, like my stuffed animal. Just like the Bible says in Ecclesiastes Chapter 5 Verse 15, we didn't come into the earth with anything, and we won't leave with any of this stuff.

The only thing that will be left is God. What was our relationship with God? Did we believe in his son, Jesus Christ? (Romans Chapter 14 Verses 9 to 12)

I'm happy that experience happened to me! I'm glad to share a story from my childhood with you! Hope you enjoyed it and found something new to think about! Bye!

This post was by Esther
Esther is a main character in the Forgiveness RPG Series and has other cameos in many Breakthrough Gaming computer / video games. You can get the first game in the Forgiveness RPG series, Forgiveness: The First Chapter, in a boxed version for $9.95 or you can download the game for $4.99!